Our history as a new testament assembly began in Newtongrange when a number of believers in the Lord Jesus met on Lords day the 2nd of November 1913 in the Lothian Halls which used to be an old school. This building, which was demolished many years ago was hired by the believers each week for their meetings.
On 28th June 1928 the believers bought the hall in Dalhousie Road, Newtongrange from the Church of Christ and re-named it the Ebenezer Hall.
Eventually, due to the state of this building and the lack of proper facilities the ground at Stone Avenue, Mayfield was obtained by Feu Disposition and a building warrant to erect our present hall was granted on 6th January 1969 by Midlothian County Council. The hall was completed in 1970 and on 2nd May an opening conference was held in the Combined School, opposite the hall, the speakers on that occasion being Bert Gamble from Plantation Street, Glasgow, Jimmy Paton from Beith, Hugh Scott from Whitburn and Bobby Price from Kilbirnie.
To improve the facilities in our present hall an extension was done in 2003/2004 which provided a new side entrance, an extra room that can be opened on to the main hall by a sliding partition, upgraded toilet facilities and a store room.